Our immunisation program aims to enhance the quality of immunisation services and improve immunisation rates within our catchment. We support primary care practitioners to achieve this through:
- Education on schedule updates and changes to the immunisation program
- Assistance with reporting to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- Webinars on immunisation topics
- Support for nurses to complete the Nurse Immuniser Course
- Support for mobile influenza services for hard to reach populations
Immunisation is a simple, safe and effective way of protecting people against communicable and environmental diseases before they are exposed to them. Immunisation not only protects individuals, but also others in the community by reducing the spread of disease.
We work in partnership with key stakeholders in the immunisation community including general practice, the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services Immunisation Program and local government immunisation services.
- Immunisation Victoria
- DHS Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) eLearning education modules
- Australian Immunisation Register for Health Professionals
- Immunisation Handbook 10th Edition
- Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre
- National Vaccine Storage Guidelines ‘Strive for 5’
- The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne Immunisation Service - 1300 882 924
- DHHS recognised immuniser programs of study