MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration model. It aims to strengthen the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner (GP) and primary care teams.
Registration in MyMedicare is voluntary for patients, practices and providers.
The Australian Government’s Health and Aged Care's website now provides information about MyMedicare. This website will be updated regularly so you can stay informed regarding new announcements and resources.
For general practices and healthcare providers
Practices can register with Services Australia’s Provider Digital Access (PRODA), Health Professional Online Services (HPOS), and Organisation Register systems from 1 July 2023.
- Practice registration steps - EMPHN MyMedicare Registration Steps and Tips (pdf)
- Delegating staff to complete patient registration - Updating your Organisation PRODA settings to enable your practice staff to complete MyMedicare Registrations.
- Patient registration steps - Services Australia: Managing patient registrations
- Patient registration form: MyMedicare Registration Form Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
- General Practice MyMedicare Implementation check list
Find out the benefits of MyMedicare and learn how patients can register - Information for MyMedicare patients.
Download the MyMedicare Patient registration form - MyMedicare Registration Form.
Got a question?
Contact your EMPHN facilitator or email us at email@example.com.