After Hour Services
For details on After Hours services visit the National Health Directory Service.
After Hours Pharmacies
The following pharmacies in EMPHN’s catchment are open 24 hours and operate a nurse-led clinic 6-10pm every evening.
- Balwyn - Balwyn Day and Night Pharmacy, 314/310 Whitehorse Rd, Balwyn VIC 3103. Tel: (03) 9836 3245
- Wantirna South - Pharmacy@Knox, Westfield Shopping Centre, 425 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South. Tel: (03) 9800 5199
This is a Department of Health and Human Services ‘Supercare Pharmacy’ initiative.
The core objective of EMPHN’s After Hours Primary Health Care program is to:
- increase the efficiency and effectiveness of After Hours Primary Health Care for patients, particularly those with limited access to health services
- improve access to After Hours Primary Health Care through effective planning, coordination and support for population based After Hours Primary Health Care.
We also work to:
- Develop innovative solutions to address service gaps and improve access to After Hours Primary Health Care, ensuring ongoing consideration for vulnerable populations and those populations who have not been well served by previous After Hours arrangements such as rural and remote populations
- Address the lack of, or inequity of access to, After Hours Primary Health Care through targeted (and collaborative) programs
- Improve patient outcomes through working collaboratively with health professionals and services to integrate and facilitate a seamless patient experience
- Address fragmentation, increase efficiency and effectiveness and implement systems to support effective communication and continuity of care across After Hours service providers and a patient's regular GP
- Work with key local After Hours stakeholders, including State and Territory governments, to plan, coordinate, and support population based After Hours Primary Health Care
- Foster local level solutions and enable a greater focus of specific target groups, particularly where the Practice Incentive Programme (PIP) After Hours Incentive may not reach
- Increase consumer awareness of After Hours Primary Health Care available in their community and improve patient health literacy on the appropriate Health Services to access in the after hours period
- Provide funding to two after hours GP clinics, in Box Hill and Healesville
We fund free access to the My Emergency Doctor app for residents of the EMPHN catchment. For more information, see the below flyer.