After Hour Services
- My Emergency Doctor: Free urgent after hours high quality phone and video consultations with ED Specialist Doctors for residents living in the EMPHN catchment as well as clients residing in Aged Care Facilities (utilising the My Emergency Doctor App)
- After Hours Medical Neighbourhood Model: Nexus Primary Health have been commissioned to implement an After Hours Medical Neighbourhood model with the intention of provided Integrated Care Services for those in the community with chronic disease and vulnerable populations, particularly in the after hours
- After Hours AOD Worker in Northern Hospital ED: Northern Area Mental Health has been commissioned to provide an after hours AOD clinician in the Northern ED to prevent re presentations of patients experiencing AOD issues
- Yarra Valley Community Medical Service –After Hours Clinic: Eastern Health have been commissioned to provide after hours GP services for the Healesville and surrounding communities though the Yarra Valley Community Medical Service.
After Hours Pharmacies
The following pharmacies in EMPHN’s catchment are open 24 hours and operate a nurse-led clinic 6-10pm every evening.
- Balwyn - Balwyn Day and Night Pharmacy, 314/310 Whitehorse Rd, Balwyn. Tel: (03) 9836 3245
- Wantirna South - Pharmacy@Knox, Westfield Shopping Centre, 425 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South. Tel: (03) 9800 5199
- Ringwood - Chemist Warehouse Ringwood - Supercare Pharmacy, 131-133 Maroondah Highway Ringwood. Tel: (03) 9870 5022
This is a Department of Health and Human Services ‘Supercare Pharmacy’ initiative.
The core objective of EMPHN’s After Hours Primary Health Care program is to:
- increase the efficiency and effectiveness of After Hours Primary Health Care for patients, particularly those with limited access to health services
- improve access to After Hours Primary Health Care through effective planning, coordination and support for population based After Hours Primary Health Care.
We also work to:
- Develop innovative solutions to address service gaps and improve access to After Hours Primary Health Care, ensuring ongoing consideration for vulnerable populations and those populations who have not been well served by previous After Hours arrangements such as rural and remote populations
- Address the lack of, or inequity of access to, After Hours Primary Health Care through targeted (and collaborative) programs
- Improve patient outcomes through working collaboratively with health professionals and services to integrate and facilitate a seamless patient experience
- Address fragmentation, increase efficiency and effectiveness and implement systems to support effective communication and continuity of care across After Hours service providers and a patient's regular GP
- Work with key local After Hours stakeholders, including State and Territory governments, to plan, coordinate, and support population based After Hours Primary Health Care
- Foster local level solutions and enable a greater focus of specific target groups, particularly where the Practice Incentive Programme (PIP) After Hours Incentive may not reach
- Increase consumer awareness of After Hours Primary Health Care available in their community and improve patient health literacy on the appropriate Health Services to access in the after hours period
- Provide funding to two after hours GP clinics, in Box Hill and Healesville