HealthPathways Melbourne provides clinicians with a single website to access clinical and referral pathways, and resources.
HealthPathways empowers clinicians with locally agreed information to make the best decisions, together with patients, at the point of care.
HealthPathways is designed and written for use during a consultation. Each pathway provides clear and concise guidance for assessing and managing a patient with a particular symptom or condition. Pathways also include information about making referrals to services in the local health system.
Each pathway is evidence-informed, but also reflects local reality, and aims to preserve clinical autonomy and patient choice. HealthPathways serves to reduce unwarranted variation and accelerate evidence into practice to ensure better, safer care.
HealthPathways programs are developed by PHNs across every state and territory in Australia.
HealthPathways Melbourne aims to:
- Enhance clinical knowledge and promote best practice care
- Reduce the number of patients referred to specialist care who could be managed in a primary/community care setting
- Build collaboration and reduce fragmentation across the health service network
- Improve health outcomes by enabling consumers access to the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
Who should use HealthPathways?
Health professionals who:
- Would like up to date, evidence-based information about the assessment and management of a range of health-related conditions.
- Want to know how and when a patient should be referred to hospital, community health and other services, to ensure appropriate and timely care.
- Are new to the area and would like guidance on local referral options.
Who is involved in HealthPathways Melbourne?
Pathways are created by local GPs, working in partnership with specialists, nurses, allied health and other health professionals.
HealthPathways Melbourne is a collaborative program run by the Eastern Melbourne PHN (EMPHN), and North Western Melbourne PHN (NWMPHN), and is supported by:
| || |
| Other hospitals will be invited to participate in subsequent phases of the program and/or to contribute specific clinical knowledge and expertise.|
How do I access HealthPathways Melbourne
Access to HealthPathways Melbourne is limited to health professionals within the North Western and Eastern Melbourne PHN catchments only.
To receive the monthly HealthPathways Melbourne Bulletin, contact us at email@example.com.
For additional information please review the HealthPathways Melbourne information sheet.
How can I get involved with HealthPathways?
Use the Send Feedback button in the top right corner of any page on the HealthPathway Melbourne website to make suggestions, or to inform us of incorrect information including a broken link or incorrect referral information
Join us in pathway development and review
We are always looking for health professionals to be involved in pathway development and reviews. If you would like to be involved, or would like more information about what participation entails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggestions for new pathways to be developed can also be sent to the above email address.
To book a practice visit, contact the team via email.