To work with general practices in the areas of accreditation, cancer awareness, immunisation, chronic disease management, integration of digital health, practice nursing and practice management by providing resources, information and facilitating professional development to optimise patient health care and quality business outcomes.
The General Practice Liaison Team provides support to primary health care practice staff, including general practitioners, practice managers, primary care nurses and administrative staff in the Eastern Melbourne PHN region.
This is comprised of the following:
- Visits to the practices by the General Practice Liaison Team members by appointment or on request. These visits may involve a particular topic or a general visit to update practices on topical issues and current programs and services offered.
- Provision of information and support in areas of practice accreditation, the use of MBS item numbers, immunisation, primary care nurse support, telephone support and other practice management issues.
- Facilitation of professional development sessions through coordination of educational events and webinars on various topics.
Practice support services
- Accreditation assistance
- Quality assurance
- MBS Chronic Disease Management (CDM)
- MBS Preventative health assessments
- Practice Incentive Programs (PIP) and Service Incentive Program (SIP)
- Practice Nurse Incentive Program (PNIP)
- Recall and reminders
- General practice set up and closure
- Orientation for nurses and practice managers new to general practice
- Planning and implementing nurse clinics
Telephone helpdesk service
Please contact our General Practice Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 9046 0300.