The Australian Government has provided funding to Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (EMPHN) to improve telehealth infrastructure in residential aged care homes (RACHs), enabling residents to have greater access to primary care services through virtual consultations, where it is safe and appropriate to do so.
Timely access to primary health care professionals in residential aged care homes (RACHs), through face-to-face consultations or telehealth, is a challenge for many RACHs. When access to healthcare is unavailable or limited, preventable hospitalisations can occur causing stress for both residents and staff.
EMPHN are now offering a third round of grants to all aged care homes in the catchment. This is for the purpose of enhancing telehealth infrastructure and capability, thereby enabling virtual consultations for residents and improving timely access to primary care services.
Video Telehealth Grant Opportunity: Empowering Residential Aged Care Connectivity
Applications Open: Tuesday 30 January 2024
Applications Close: 2pm AEDT Tuesday 27 February 2024
Unlock the potential for enhanced video call services in your RACH within the EMPHN region. Empower your facility to better connect residents with care through the third round of Telehealth Grants.
Funding: The total grant payment is for up to $22,000, with up to $20,000 to be paid initially for the purchase of grant activity. A further $2,000 to be paid upon completion of all the deliverables and milestones. All figures are excluding GST.
Purpose: Enhance video telehealth capabilities through improved connectivity, equipment acquisition, or small capital works.
What you can use the grant for:
- Get video telehealth equipment from our approved vendor list.
- Improve internet connection and Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Make small capital works to create a better space at your RACH for telehealth appointments.
How to apply for the grant:
- Read the Grant Application Guidelines.
- Complete the DocuSign application form.
- Submit the DocuSign application form by 2pm AEDT Tuesday 27 February 2024.
Information will also be posted on the EMPHN website.
- RACH sites within the EMPHN catchment (check PHN locator map).
- Must be a Commonwealth funded, registered residential aged care organisation.
- Not a recipient of an EMPHN telehealth grant in 2023.
- Able to demonstrate a need to improve access to video telehealth facilities.
Contact us at RACHsupport@emphn.org.au.