Head to Health (formerly HeadtoHelp) is a free service open to Victorians of any age who may be experiencing distress or mental ill health, along with their families and carers. The service was set up during the COVID-19 pandemic to support Victorians’ mental health and wellbeing.
Head to Health provides a central intake service that finds the best support for a person. This may be to an existing service or, if there is no suitable service, the person may be referred to a Head to Health hub.
When a person calls Head to Health on 1800 595 212, an experienced mental health professional listens to them to find the best ways to get the help they need, which may include:
- connecting with suitable existing services
- receiving care at a Head to Health hub, either onsite or through telehealth
- connecting to specialist or acute mental health services, including emergency care
The Head to Health hubs provide access to multidisciplinary teams of mental health workers, including psychologists, mental health nurses, social workers, and peer workers. The hubs provide a flexible model of care tailored to the person, recognising that people have different mental health care needs at different times.
Eastern Melbourne PHN partners with the following local services for Head to Health hubs in:
- Hawthorn: Access Health and Community
- Box Hill: Health Ability
- Boronia: Health Ability
- Yarra Junction: Inspiro Community Health
- Belgrave: Inspiro Community Health
- West Heidelberg: Banyule Community Health
- Wallan: Nexus Primary Health
Head to Health is available for referrals, advice and support on 1800 595 212, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm, except public holidays.
Head to Health will consider a person’s financial situation if recommending other fee-paying services.
More information available here
Head to Health website: headtohealthvic.org.au or call 1800 595 212
Head to Health brochure