On 17 August, the Australian Government announced $26.9m of new funding to establish 15 dedicated mental health clinics across Victoria.
Victoria’s six Primary Health Network’s are rapidly scaling-up and enhancing mental health services through existing sites to help Victorians access services as early and as conveniently as possible.
About the services
There will be three hubs located in Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (EMPHNs) community.
Services are planned to be provided by mental health nurses, peer workers, psychologists and social workers.
What services are available in the meantime?
- Contact EMPHN’s Mental Health Referral and Access Service to understand, navigate and access available mental health services in eastern and north-eastern Melbourne. P. 9800 1071.
- Beyond Blue
- Black Dog Institute
- Smiling Mind - Kids Mental Health
The following hotlines provide urgent assistance:
- Lifeline Crisis Help 13 11 14
- Suicide Helpline 1300 651 251
- Kids Helpline 1800 187 263
- Mens Line Australia 1300 789 978
- Open Arms Veterans & Families Counselling 1800 011 046
- 1800 Respect 1800 737 732
- BeyondBlue 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
If you don’t feel like you can call any of the above services, you can also:
- talk to someone you trust
- contact your GP, a counsellor, psychologist or psychiatrist
- visit a hospital emergency department
In an emergency, call 000 for ambulance, fire or police.