Tuesday 2nd August 2022
7:00pm - 8:15pm
This GP Webinar will discuss common causes of spinal deformity in the growing child and when to consider referral to a paediatric spine specialist. It will also discuss how spinal deformity affects the aging spine through adult life and in elderly patients. The webinar will then go on to provide an update on the latest innovations available to patients requiring spinal surgery in the modern era, including artificial disc replacement and robotic spinal surgery.
This webinar will focus on useful tips for GPs to help manage patients with spinal deformity and the red flags that require specialist referral as well as provide practical management advice for common spinal presentations for GPs.
Speakers and topics:
- Spinal Deformity in Children and Adults Presented by Mr Kristopher Lundine, Orthopaedic Surgeon (Spine)
- Modern Spinal Surgery update for GPs Presented by Mr Yagnesh Vellore, Neurosurgeon
Speakers are based at Epworth Richmond & Epworth Eastern.
- Outline common causes of spinal deformity in the growing spine
- Outline how spinal deformity evolves in the aging patient
- Discuss contemporary management of common spinal pathology
- Outline what modern options are available to patients needing spine surgery
- Hosted by Epworth Healthcare, this GP education webinar provides the opportunity for Q&A.
Please ensure you provide the following details when you RSVP: First name and surname, email address, CPD (RACGP or ACRRM) number, Practice name, Practice postcode