Tuesday 28th September 2021
6:30pm - 7:30pm
This event will provide GPs with guidance on the identification and management of myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA vaccination.
Myocarditis (inflammation of cardiac muscle) and/or pericarditis (inflammation of pericardium) following mRNA COVID-19 vaccines is predominantly seen in younger males including adolescents up to 2 weeks following vaccination.
- Dr Scott Parsons – GP Clinical Editor, HealthPathways Melbourne
- A/Prof Nigel Crawford - Director SAFEVIC, Chair, ATAGI
- Dr Bryn Jones - Deputy Director of Cardiology, Royal Children’s Hospital
- Identification and assessment of myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination
- Understanding management and referral guidelines
GPs in the Eastern Melbourne PHN and North Western Melbourne PHN catchments can access the Myocarditis and Pericarditis After mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines pathway