LifeConnect – Suicide Prevention and Support After Suicide, delivered by Neami National: Support is provided through two streams, support after bereavement and suicide prevention.
Support to family and others bereaved by suicide includes:
- Individual counselling
- Group therapy
- Community debriefing and support response after a suicide (e.g., workplaces, sporting clubs)
- Care coordination
Suicide prevention activities include:
- Community activities that focus on wellbeing, resilience, skills development, and help-seeking
- Media communications to promote help-seeking and reduce stigma related to mental health and suicide
- Community capacity building and training
- Development of processes with hospitals and other health services to help people get the support they need
- Workforce training, to skill a range of workers in identifying and managing suicide risk.
See resources here:
Mental Health Stepped Care Services – Quick Response Suicide Prevention Support, delivered by EMPHN’s mental health stepped care providers: Provision of support for people struggling to manage suicidal thoughts and feelings. Please note that this service is for non-immediate/lower urgency situations.
If you are in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, please contact emergency services on 000.
Support services that operate 24 hours/7 days a week:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 www.lifeline.org.au
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467 www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au
- Beyond Blue Support Service: 1300 22 4636 www.beyondblue.org.au
- MensLine Australia: 1300 78 99 78 www.mensline.org.au
- Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 www.kidshelpline.com.au