Steps to Wellbeing is a FREE short-term program delivered by Neami National and funded by Eastern Melbourne PHN which delivers six one-hour sessions of individual wellbeing coaching for people:
- aged 16 years and over
- experiencing an increase in life stress, life challenges or emerging signs of anxiety or depression (e.g. feeling stuck, unmotivated, flat, low, experiencing difficulty making changes)
- who live/work/study/or access a GP in the Eastern Melbourne PHN catchment area (LGAs of Banyule, Boorondara, Knox, Manningham, Maroondah, Monash, Nillumbik, Whitehorse, Whittlesea and parts of Murrindindi, Mitchell, and Yarra Ranges)
- not already accessing regular sessions with a psychologist providing similar support.
Steps to Wellbeing's professional Wellbeing Coaches can offer coaching around the following topics:
- understanding and identifying early signs of stress, anxiety or depression
- making sense of the current situation (moods, emotions, stress) that impact your wellbeing
- developing strategies to support and improve your wellbeing
- identifying supports and resources that can assist your wellbeing in the future
- accessing online resources to support your health and wellbeing.
Wellbeing coaching can be offered as face-to-face appointments at our Heidelberg, Blackburn or Croydon offices, or via phone or video and are available from 9am-8pm Monday to Friday. The team consists of coaches from social work and occupational therapy backgrounds, and those working from a lived experience perspective (trained in the purposeful use of their own experiences with wellbeing and mental health challenges).
Steps for Wellbeing also offers a range of Wellbeing Workshops.
People can SELF REFER. GP referral not necessary:
- Telephone intake on 8691 5450
For more information, read the brochure.
This initiative is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the PHN program.