Phase 2 of Eastern Melbourne PHN's Mental Health Stepped Care Service, delivered by Mentis Assist, starts on 2 July and is now accepting referrals.
People of all ages who live or work in Melbourne’s eastern region (Knox, Maroondah, Yarra Ranges), who are not able to afford or access similar services, may be eligible to receive the Mental Health Stepped Care Service.
Services will include group and individual psychological intervention, suicide prevention services, care coordination, dual diagnosis services, and online support.
Care teams consisting of experienced mental health clinicians/workers - including counsellors, psychologists, mental health nurses, and social workers - will assess needs and collaborate closely with consumers and their carers, families and GPs to tailor collaborative care plans to individuals.
Referrals and locations
Referrals to the service can be made by anyone including GPs and other health providers, schools, social services, other organisations, or people or their carers can refer themselves.
The service will be accessible from four main sites:
- Ringwood – 92B Maroondah Hwy
- Healesville – Community Link, 110 River St
- Sites in Boronia and Knox to open soon
To refer to the service:
- Mentis Assist 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
- EMPHN’s Referral and Access Team (03 9800 1071) or complete the referral form at www.emphn.org.au/mh-steppedcare
Upcoming education sessions
EMPHN is offering a number of education events for general practice teams in mid July. Topics include:
- an overview of EMPHN’s Mental Health Stepped Care Model and clinical staging
- an understanding of why EMPHN is moving to a Mental Health Stepped Care Model.
- details about the phased implementation
- an update on how the Mental Health Stepped Care is being delivered by providers in the northeast and outer east of EMPHN’s catchment
- how to support consumers to transition to the new Mental Health Stepped Care Model
- an opportunity to ask questions.
See the event flyer for details and to register.
To find out more, watch our Mental Health Stepped Care videos
Resources for GPs and consumers
For resources for GPs on our Mental Health Stepped Care Model, visit www.emphn.org.au/mh-steppedcare or download our brochure.
This initiative is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the PHN program.