Eastern Melbourne PHN (EMPHN) is funding Eastern Access Community Health (EACH) to provide group therapy, particularly for people with, or at risk of, mild to moderate mental health issues.
Group therapy is a powerful change agent where individuals can connect with others in order to have a greater understanding of how we all think, as well as learn to apply strategies in situ.
- is an approachable therapy that can reduce the stigma of ‘seeing a mental health professional’
- can benefit some people by providing a safe and supportive environment to share their experiences and by supporting others facing similar issues
- can help people develop and apply skills and tools to manage life’s challenges and stresses
- keeps GPs at the centre of the person’s care
- can be tailored to children, young people, adults and seniors.
The following group therapy programs start soon:
- Living Mindfully and Meaningfully, starts 2 May (6 weeks) in Box Hill
- Living Mindfully and Meaningfully, starts 4 May (6 weeks) in Epping
- Anxiety and Depression Treatment with Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Skills Group, starts 4 May (4 weeks) in Wantirna South
- Living with Persistent Pain, starts 1 May (6 weeks) in Box Hill
FREE for people with a current Mental Health Care Plan from their GP.
EACH has some capacity to run groups tailored to clients' needs, and deliver group sessions at selected sites such as GP clinics if there is sufficient demand.
This initiative is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the PHN Program.