In this issue:
- DHHS COVID-19 Daily Update
- First respiratory clinic accepting appointments (see below)
- Updates for general practice
- Grant EOI closing soon
- Practice incentive Payment (PIP) and Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) for COVID-19
- HealthPathways Melbourne
- Updates for primary care providers
- Stage 5 Telehealth Items
- Managing your mental health online during COVID-19
- Digital Health CRC Webinar: How to prepare for and implement telehealth
- Suspected case of COVID-19 at work?
- Updates for pharmacy
- Cleaning guidelines after confirmed case of COVID-19
- How our services have mobilised
- Mask distribution
First respiratory clinic accepting appointments
The first respiratory clinic in eastern Melbourne is now taking appointments, located in Ringwood at EACH. What you need to know – healthcare providers
- If your practice cannot follow the clinical guidelines for assessing and testing respiratory patients for COVID-19 due to lack of appropriate PPE or isolation facilities, you can now advise the patient to seek treatment at a respiratory clinic.
- Patients will receive a clinic based GP assessment and testing for COVID 19 if it is confirmed they meet the testing criteria.
What you need to know – consumers and healthcare providers
- Before attending the clinic, call on (03) 8595 1333. Every caller will be assessed against the most current testing criteria and given an appointment to be screened if applicable. At this time, the clinic is unable to see walk-ins.
- When arriving on site, please remain in your vehicle and follow the directions of staff on site who will guide you to a parking space and advise next steps.
- The clinic is free of charge.
During this time of heightened anxiety, the clinic is working as quickly as possible to see all community members who attend for screening.
Up to 100 private practice respiratory clinics are being established Australia-wide to provide dedicated COVID-19 services under the Australian Government’s COVID-19 National Health Plan. A further two clinics are planned in EMPHN’s catchment. The Australian Government is assessing potential clinics and we will advise once these are in operation.
COVID-19 Respiratory Clinic
EACH, 46 Warrandyte Road, Ringwood
Monday to Friday 8.30am-4pm by appointment only (03) 8595 1333