Victorian and Australian Government Updates:
- Today Victoria recorded 288 new coronavirus causes. This is the biggest ever daily total recorded by a state in Australia since the pandemic began. Only 26 are connected to known outbreaks, the rest are still under investigation. Victorian Chief Health Officer Professor Brett Sutton says “we may well see it worsen before it gets better”.
- Eight of the nine public housing towers placed in total lockdown last weekend will move to stage three restrictions today after the completion of testing.
- Today Prime Minister Scott Morrison reminded all Australians no matter where they are to continue practicing social distancing following significant community transmission in Victoria, reductions in international flights returning residents to Australia and moves towards a charging system for hotel quarantine. A nationwide review of hotel quarantine will be undertaken by Jane Halton.
- The Chief Medical Officer has advised if people can't guarantee social distancing they should wear masks in public in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire. A view shared by Professor Sutton who said people are requested to wear a mask in an uber or taxi, on public transport, doing the supermarket shopping or going to their GP.
- Mask distribution
- COVID-19 in our community
- Coronavirus mental wellbeing support service
- COVID-19 restriction checker by Healthdirect
- Can you or your practice assist in an emergency?
- Seeking nurses for COVID-19 GP Respiratory Clinics
- COVID-19 screening tool for residential aged care services
Read the full update.