Australian Healthcare Associates Pty Ltd (AHA) will be operating these phone lines following a competitive tender process conducted in late 2022 and concluded earlier this month. The services, as you may be aware, were previously operated by NPS MedicineWise which ceased to operate in December 2022.
- NPS MedicineWise ceased to operate in December 2022 and AHA has been appointed by the Department of Health and Aged Care to operate the two phone lines referred to abo
- In future we will only refer to and promote ‘1300 MEDICINE’ (1300 633 424), this will be the name of the service as well as the telephone number to be used for both (logo above):
- Consumer medicines information; and
- Consumer Reporting AMEs and AEFIs to the TGA
- The new 1300 MEDICINE service commenced on Monday 30 January 2023.
- From Monday 30 January 2023 the 1300 MEDICINE service will operate Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (Australian Eastern Time – i.e. Sydney time)
- The existing AMEs/AEFI line number (1300 134 237) will remain in service indefinitely for those that continue to use this number. Calls to this number will be answered by the 1300 MEDICINE team
- Information about the 1300 MEDICINE service is available at www.1300medicine.com.au
- A number of key staff from NPS MedicineWise, including a number of registered pharmacists, have transferred to AHA and will continue to be involved with the delivery of the service into the future.
- 1300 MEDICINE pharmacists can assist consumers and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Healthcare Workers by providing evidence-based medicine information relating to questions about medicines for adults and children, medicine side effects and interactions, safe use of medicines in pregnancy and breastfeeding, best ways to take medicines and storage of medicines.