We would like to invite you to express your interest to apply for an upcoming grant opportunity available to General Practices in the Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (EMPHN) region.
EMPHN is providing funding to support general practices to participate in proactive engagement and activities that promote uptake of COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations and early assessment and treatment for COVID-19 over an 8 week period.
This is a funded initiative of the Australian Government under the Vulnerable Population Program. It offers short-term local solutions to supplement existing arrangements for the delivery of vaccinations to at-risk cohorts.
The purpose of the program is to support General Practices (who are delivering COVID-19 vaccinations or have an established referral pathway for vaccinations) through funding and resources to engage with their vulnerable patients. Successful grant recipients will receive $5000 to conduct an 8 week intervention to:
- provide information and support around vaccinations,
- enable access to COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations,
- plan for early testing and treatment for COVID-19.
The target populations are cohorts that include (but not limited to):
- those who are experiencing homelessness, including those living on the streets, in emergency accommodation, boarding houses or between temporary shelters;
- those who do not have a Medicare card or are not eligible for Medicare;
- people with a disability or who are frail and cannot leave home (homebound individuals);
- people in rural and remote areas with limited healthcare options, including those who cannot travel to a regional centre;
- First Nations Peoples;
- people living in and remote communities;
- culturally, ethnically and linguistically diverse people, especially asylum seekers and refugees and those in older age groups who may find it difficult to use other vaccination services;
- children aged 5-11 who have complex needs, who are not captured by another suitable vaccination channel, and
- any other vulnerable groups identified as requiring dedicated support to access vaccination.
If you would like to register your interest to receive an application pack, please notify the team by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications opened 16 June 2023 and will close 4pm 23 June 2023.
EMPHN will then email you, via Docusign, program guidelines, an application form and agreement. Application forms will need to be completed and signed within one week of receipt.