MyMedicare is the new voluntary patient registration model that aims to strengthen the relationship between patients, their general practice, Doctor, and primary care teams.
From 1 July 2023, general practices were able to enrol in MyMedicare. Read our introduction to MyMedicare.
To be eligible for MyMedicare, general practices must:
- Provide Medicare-funded services
- Be registered in the following Services Australia systems
- Have at least one eligible provider linked to the practice in the Organisation Register
- Be accredited, or working towards accreditation, against the National General Practice Accreditation Scheme or be eligible for an exemption.
Please note: If your practice is already registered and all participating providers are linked in the Organisation Register, you do not need to complete a second registration process.
If you require PRODA assistance, please call 1800 700 199 select option 1.
Useful tips for registering.
- Before commencing your registration, watch the Setting up the Organisation Register for program use simulation video.
- Have all your required details at hand ahead of time, as you will be logged out of the system if you leave the application open without action for a period of time. Details required for registration include:
- Practice Owners can be registered as the Associate, other staff as authorised contacts.
- Details of the staff you wish to register including their mobile numbers and date of birth.
- Prescribing Number and
- Provider Number
- Banking details
- Responsible Officer Number (RO)
- Registration Authority Number (RA)
- You must log into the PRODA account of the principal GP (RO) and go through the process in their account regardless of if you are a delegate (OMO) or not.
- When you log into PRODA to start the process, also have the Setting up the Organisation Register for program use simulation video open in your internet browser. You can stop and start this simulation as you go through the steps.
“I found the whole process scary at first, but as I spent a bit of time looking into it, I realised the process is actually quite easy. The main thing I would say to practices is have a go.” Testimonial and useful tips provided by Jenni, Practice Manager Kilsyth
Once registered, practices are not required to complete further steps until patient registration becomes available from 1 October 2023.
Patients will be able to register for MyMedicare from 1 October 2023. We will provide information on how to register patients as it is released from DoHAC.
- MyMedicare registration steps and tips.
- These videos also provide useful tips on registering your practice.
- PRODA & MyMedicare registration guide on how to register, shared with acknowledgment to Darling Downs and Western Morton PHN
- The Department of Health and Aged Care’s website also contains a link of helpful Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS).
- Australian Government’s Health and Aged Care's website information about MyMedicare.
Got a question? Contact your EMPHN facilitator or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org