There have been a significant number of incorrect Fluad®Quad vaccine encounters reported to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) since April 2023. Services Australia and the Department of Health have been working with vaccination providers to address this issue.
- Fluad® Quad is only registered in Australia for persons aged 65 years of age and over.
- Always check the age of the person on the day of vaccination to ensure age-appropriate vaccination is administered.
- Ensure vaccination reporting software and codes are up to date.
- Check correct vaccine brand is reported to the AIR.
- Update vaccine encounters immediately if incorrect vaccine reported to AIR.
- Report all vaccines administered to AIR.