Eastern health update
Eastern Health is continuing to experience a significant ICT event which is impacting on both electronic and faxed communications to and from General Practices.
While we hope the issues will resolve as soon as possible, please note the current status:
- Discharge summaries – from inpatient and Emergency Department are not able to be sent electronically or via fax. Patients will receive a paper copy and GPs will receive communication via phone (if urgent) or post.
- Pathology, radiology and other investigations results cannot be sent electronically.
- Outpatients/ acute specialist clinics referrals
- Via HealthLink (Preferred method): you can send referrals via e-referral if you have compliant software and it will an acknowledgment of receipt of referral.
- Original GP fax number is now operational: 9839 6733
If you have sent an e-referral during the IT outage, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt of referral.
If you have sent a fax to 9839 6733 in the past 3 weeks, your referral is unlikely to have been received and you will have received an error message and will have to resend.
- Subacute Ambulatory Clinics (SACS) referrals – Fax to: 9803 2650
- Maternity Bookings can be made by calling: 1300 521 319
- Urgent Mental Health services can be accessed by calling the GP hotline on 1300 721 927.
- Requests for Release of information for urgent information only can be made to email@example.com or Fax: 9871 3357. Please be aware we are unable to access all patient information at this time.
All non-urgent appointments and non-urgent surgery have been postponed until further notice.
GPs may be contacted by Eastern Health staff for clinical information and we appreciate that this may take additional time.
Please contact GP liaison on 9955 7500 or the Eastern Health contact centre on 1300 342 255 for urgent queries.
Thank you again for your patience while we work through this challenging issue
– Eastern Health