Program advice for vaccination providers
From 1 November 2023, there are changes to the shingles vaccination schedule under the National Immunisation Program (NIP).
- National Immunisation Program – Shingles program advice for vaccination providers
- Shield yourself from shingles – Health professionals' kit
- Shield yourself from shingles – Fact sheet
- Shield yourself from shingles website
- POLAR walkthrough identifying patients eligible for Shingrix vaccine
- The vaccine will be available to order from 1 November 2023, via the Onelink Online portal.
- The initial vaccine supply from the Commonwealth will be limited. More vaccine will be available in the coming months.
- Vaccine order limits will be in place to ensure equitable supply. Further information will be available via the Onelink Online portal from 1 November.
Providers should avoid booking clients for Shingrix® vaccination until they are in receipt of vaccine.
Further information for providers and consumers regarding the introduction of the shingles vaccine, Shingrix®, onto the NIP will be available from 1 November 2023 and will be shared by the Victorian Department of Health.