With the beginning of Summer and Bureau of Metorology declaring that an El Niño and a positive Indian Ocean Dipole are underway. These two climate drivers, typically mean warmer and drier temperatures, leading to an increased fire danger period.
Although an Emergency Response will vary depending on the need identified in the event of the emergency, please see some resources and tools below that might be useful to assist you in being prepared:
- RACGP Summer Planning Toolkit
- Victorian State Emergency Management Plan
- RACGP – Emergencies and Pandemics resources
- Emergency Response Planning Tool (ERPT) – cloud based practical online too to assist general practices to better prepare for, respond to and recover from the impacts of emergencies and pandemics.
- Ensure you are subscribed to:
- EMPHN maintains a list of primary care providers willing to assist during and emergency pandemic response. We invite GPs, GP registrars, practice nurses, practice managers and pharmacists to complete a short survey to register their interest in assisting in an emergency response
- Bushfire preparedness document.