Key information for vaccination providers registered with Onelink to assist with early planning and preparation for the 2023 influenza season.
Regular future updates will be provided via the department’s Seasonal influenza vaccine webpage, which will be updated to include 2023 influenza vaccine information in the coming weeks. Please ensure you visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
- All 2022 influenza vaccine stock expires by 28 February 2023.
- 2023 government funded influenza vaccine stock is expected in late March/early April.
- The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI’s) annual statement on influenza vaccines is expected in March 2023.
- There is no change to the eligibility for free influenza vaccines under the NIP. These are:
- all children aged 6 months to <5 years
- all adults aged 65 years and older
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- pregnant people (during any stage of pregnancy)
- people with certain medical conditions.
- Ordering is not yet open for 2023 influenza vaccines. Providers will be updated when ordering opens.
- From Monday 13 March 2023 Onelink will no longer accept paper vaccine order forms. Onelink Online is the only way to order government-funded influenza vaccine in 2023. All vaccine order confirmations and status updates will be sent to the email registered with Onelink Online.
- Bookings for influenza vaccination should not be made until you receive your 2023 influenza vaccine stock.
- Victoria will not be offering a free influenza vaccination program in 2023.
What you need to do;
- Discard any unused 2022 influenza stock by 1 March 2023.
- Review your Onelink Online account and login details to ensure they are up to date.
- If you do not have a Onelink Online account, please contact Onelink for assistance by, phone 1800 014 207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure you include your account name and number on all correspondence (Onelink’s online ordering user guide can be found here).
- Check your vaccine refrigerator capacity and your vaccine order history on Onelink Online to start thinking about your order quantities (ordering not yet open).
- Review the Strive for 5 National Vaccine Storage Guidelines, and complete the self-audit tool.
- Ensure all staff are trained in cold-chain management (including receipt of vaccine deliveries).
Please contact the Immunisation Unit with any further questions on: email@example.com