Eastern Health is currently experiencing a significant ICT event which is impacting on both electronic and faxed communication to and from General Practices.
While we hope the issues will resolve as soon as possible, please note the current status:
- Discharge summaries - from inpatient and ED are not able to be sent electronically or via fax.
- Pathology, radiology and other investigations results cannot be sent electronically
- Outpatients referrals
- via fax: we cannot receive any faxed referrals and GPs will receive a transmission error if attempted. Consider sending referrals to another health service if urgent or delaying transmission of referrals until you have received advice from us that the issue is resolved.
- via healthlink: you can send a non-urgent referral via e-referral if you have compliant software but it will not be received at Eastern Health until the ICT issues are resolved. Once they have been you will receive a receipt of referral.
Extreme caution must be exercised when referring urgent patients during this outage and GP’s should give consideration to referring elsewhere to avoid any delays.
- Urgent Mental Health services can be accessed by calling the GP hotline on 1300 721 927.
- Requests for Release of information is not possible at present as we are unable to access patient files during this time
All non urgent appointments and non urgent surgery has been postponed during this time.
We will be in touch with you as soon as we confirm the best mechanisms for contact with our service. Thank you for your patience while we work through this challenging issue - Eastern Health.