The Eastern Melbourne Primary Healthcare Collaborative (EMPHCC) is a region wide platform of service providers and organisations focused on primary health care system collaboration in order to improve health outcomes for people in eastern Melbourne.
The focus of the EMPHCC is on enhancing primary health care services in community based settings to support the management of chronic disease and complex conditions for people at risk of poor health outcomes across the catchment. This will necessitate improved alignment of primary and secondary service providers in the shared objective of slowing the progression of chronic and complex disease to prevent deterioration and reduce avoidable hospital admissions through improved community based models of care.
Membership of the EMPHCC Governance Group:
- Community Health Service – Appointed representative CEO from eastern Melbourne region
- Department of Health & Human Services Director Health, East Division
- EACH – Chief Executive Officer
- Eastern Health – Executive Director Continuing Care, Ambulatory, Mental Health & Statewide Services
- Eastern Melbourne PHN – Chief Executive Officer
- General practice representative
EMPHCC Strategic Plan
EMPHCC Launch Summary Report
EMPHCC launch media release
EMPHCC features on Department of Health website