Eastern Melbourne PHN (EMPHN) has partnered with the Department of Health and Human Services to deliver two suicide prevention trial site projects in:
The Victorian suicide prevention
framework 2016-2025 was released in July 2016. The framework established a
goal to halve Victoria’s suicide rate by 2025 and is supported by investment of
$27 million over four years for two key initiatives; assertive outreach to
support people and families after a suicide attempt; and place-based suicide
prevention trials in six locations.
At each of the place-based trial sites, multi-sectoral suicide prevention groups will develop and implement local suicide prevention strategies. EMPHN plans to:
- consult with councils, people with lived experience, the community and service providers
- strengthen capacity for enhanced living
- consider commissioning activities that support existing local structures
Contact Kieran Halloran, Mental Health Manager Severe and Enduring (PIR/Suicide Prevention), on 9046 0300 or via email@example.com
For information about our Psychological Strategies Suicide Prevention stream including referrals, please visit the Psychological Strategies page of our website.
The place-based suicide prevention trial sites are a partnership between EMPHN and the Department.
Additional suicide prevention contacts:
- Eastern Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 721 927 (outer and middle eastern suburbs)
- Austin Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 859 789 (north eastern suburbs)
- St Vincent Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 558 862 (inner eastern suburbs)
- Northern Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 874 243 (northern and north western suburbs)
- Monash Health Mental Health Triage - 1300 369 012 (middle southern suburbs)
- Psychological Strategies after hours support – 1800 859 585
- Suicide Call Back Service is a 24-hour, nationwide service that provide telephone and online counselling to people aged 15 and old affected by suicide. Phone: 1300 659 467.
- SuicideLine offers 24-hour and free telephone support across Victoria. Phone: 1300 651 251.
- Lifeline is a 24-hour counselling, suicide prevention and mental health support service. Phone: 13 11 14.
- beyondblue offers 24-hour telephone support, online chat service, and links to local services. Phone: 1300 224 636.
- Sane Helpline provides information, guidance, and referral to help manage mental health concerns. Available weekdays, 9am-5pm AEST. Phone: 1800 187 263.
- MensLine Australia provides 24-hour support for Australian men. Phone: 1300 789 978.
- Kids Helpline offers free confidential 24-hour telephone and online counselling for young people aged 5-18. Phone: 1800 551 800.
- e-headspace provides online counselling for young people aged 12-25 years.
- National StandBy Response Service is a 24-hour coordinated community response service to families, friends, and communities who have been bereaved through suicide.
- Support After Suicide offers information, resources, and group support for those bereaved by suicide.
- Commonwealth Department of Health's listing of Victoria's Mental Health Services
Call 000 or go to your nearest
emergency department if at immediate and acute risk.