Eastern Melbourne PHN (EMPHN) has partnered with the Department of Health and Human Services to deliver two suicide prevention trial site projects in:
The Victorian suicide prevention
framework 2016-2025 was released in July 2016. The framework established a
goal to halve Victoria’s suicide rate by 2025 and is supported by investment of
$27 million over four years for two key initiatives; assertive outreach to
support people and families after a suicide attempt; and place-based suicide
prevention trials in six locations.
At each of the place-based trial sites, multi-sectoral suicide prevention groups will develop and implement local suicide prevention strategies. EMPHN plans to:
- consult with councils, people with lived experience, the community and service providers
- strengthen capacity for enhanced living
- consider commissioning activities that support existing local structures
Suicide Prevention Workshops
Eastern Melbourne PHN will be hosting a series of workshops to engage community, services and people with lived experience who live, work or study in the Cities of Maroondah or Whittlesea.
For more information about these workshops and to register your interest, email email@example.com
Contact Kieran Halloran, Mental Health Manager Severe and Enduring (PIR/Suicide Prevention), on 9046 0300 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about our Suicide Prevention Service including referrals, please visit the Psychological Strategies page of our website.
The place-based suicide prevention trial sites are a partnership between EMPHN and the Department.
Additional suicide prevention contacts:
- Eastern Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 721 927 (outer and middle eastern suburbs)
- Austin Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 859 789 (north eastern suburbs)
- St Vincent Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 558 862 (inner eastern suburbs)
- Northern Health Mental Health Triage – 1300 874 243 (northern and north western suburbs)
- Monash Health Mental Health Triage - 1300 369 012 (middle southern suburbs)
- Suicide Call Back Service is a 24-hour, nationwide service that provide telephone and online counselling to people aged 15 and old affected by suicide. Phone: 1300 659 467.
- SuicideLine offers 24-hour and free telephone support across Victoria. Phone: 1300 651 251.
- Lifeline is a 24-hour counselling, suicide prevention and mental health support service. Phone: 13 11 14.
- beyondblue offers 24-hour telephone support, online chat service, and links to local services. Phone: 1300 224 636.
- Sane Helpline provides information, guidance, and referral to help manage mental health concerns. Available weekdays, 9am-5pm AEST. Phone: 1800 187 263.
- MensLine Australia provides 24-hour support for Australian men. Phone: 1300 789 978.
- Kids Helpline offers free confidential 24-hour telephone and online counselling for young people aged 5-18. Phone: 1800 551 800.
- e-headspace provides online counselling for young people aged 12-25 years.
- National StandBy Response Service is a 24-hour coordinated community response service to families, friends, and communities who have been bereaved through suicide.
- Support After Suicide offers information, resources, and group support for those bereaved by suicide.
- Commonwealth Department of Health's listing of Victoria's Mental Health Services
Call 000 or go to your nearest
emergency department if at immediate and acute risk.