The Better Health North East Melbourne (BHNEM) is a region wide platform of service providers and organisations focused on primary health care system collaboration in order to improve health outcomes for people in Melbourne's north eastern suburbs, including Banyule, Darebin and Nillumbik.
BHNEM is focused on enhancing primary health care services in community-based settings to support the management of chronic illness, including chronic mental illness, for people at risk of poor health outcomes. This collaborative will facilitate the improved alignment of primary and secondary health care service providers to reduce avoidable hospital admissions through improved community-based models of care.
Organisations currently part of BHNEM Governance Group include:
- Banyule Community Health – Chief Executive Officer
- Darebin Community Health – Chief Executive Officer
- healthAbility / Nillumbik Health – Chief Executive Officer
- Austin Health – Acting Chief Executive Officer
- Department of Health & Human Services - Director Health, North Division
- Eastern Melbourne PHN – Chief Executive Officer
- North Western Melbourne PHN – Chief Executive Officer
The Better Health North East Melbourne Strategic Plan 2018–2023 outlines our vision, values and the role BHNEM will play in order to realise our strategic goals.