Following the Commonwealth Government’s response to the National Mental Health Commission’s review of programs and services in 2014, PHNs across Australia are leading reform initiatives in a number of key areas including the introduction of stepped care in mental health.
Within the EMPHN catchment, a phased transition to our Mental Health Stepped Care Model is planned:
• Stage 1: north east (service delivery commences 15 Jan 2018)
local government areas of Whittlesea,
Nillumbik, Banyule and parts of the shires of Mitchell and Murrindindi within the EMPHN catchment.
• Stage 2: outer east (service delivery to commence 1 Jul 2018 onwards) local government areas of Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges.
• Stage 3: inner east (service delivery to commence 15 Jan 2019 onwards) local government areas of Manningham, Boroondara, Whitehorse and Monash.
Stage one transition
- A consortium led by Banyule Community Health will deliver stage one (north east) of EMPHN's Mental Health Stepped Care Model. Read the media release.
Stage two transition
- EMPHN is releasing a tender to the market on Friday 2 February 2018 for Stage 2 of its new Mental Health Stepped Care Model. For more information see the tender announcement.
- EMPHN Mental Health Stepped Care Model brochure (Dec 2017)
- Changes to EMPHN Mental Health Services - info for GPs and private psychiatrists (Dec 2017)
- Changes to MH Nursing Services - info for consumers and carers (Dec 2017)
- Changes to Psychological Strategies Services - info for consumers and carers (Dec 2017)
Mental Health Stepped Care Model educational videos
Consultations and co-design forums with stakeholders commenced in the latter half of 2016 and early 2017 on the development of stepped care models and low intensity services. It was clear from these consultations that the current system of care could improve to better meet the needs of the people of the region.
- Mental Health Stepped Care Model Co-design and Engagement Summary Report (September 2017)
- Mental Health Stepped Care Model Discussion Paper (August 2017)
- Presentations: Stakeholder forums for carers and consumers, and primary care providers (18 August 2017)
- Stakeholder forums (10 and 11 July 2017) video 1, video 2, Q&A transcripts - forum 1 and forum 2, forum report
- EMPHN Mental Health Nurses Incentive Program Forum Report (21 February 2017)
- Eastern Melbourne PHN Psychological Strategies Allied Health Professional Training – July 2016
- Eastern Melbourne PHN Psychological Strategies - September 2016