Eastern Melbourne PHN's mental health (MH) and alcohol and other drug (AOD) services will be delivered through its Stepped Care Model (SCM), a service delivery framework tailored to regional needs that all Primary Health Networks are mandated to develop and implement.
The SCM is part of the Australian Government’s response to the National Mental Health Commission’s Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services.
Read EMPHN's discussion paper and provide feedback on its Stepped Care Model, clinical staging approach and implementation strategy by completing the online survey by 4pm on Friday 8 September 2017 via our engagement webpage.
Stepped Care Model engagement webpage.
EMPHN currently funds a wide range of MH and AOD services including:
- 140+ individual allied health practitioners providing focussed psychological strategies for priority groups;
- 5 organisations delivering focussed psychological strategies for priority groups;
- 22 organisations facilitating access to credentialed mental health nurses who coordinate the clinical care of adults living with severe mental illness;
- 4 organisations delivering Partners in Recovery to adults living with severe and enduring mental illness;
- 3 headspace services delivering mental health support to young people;
- 2 services providing support around suicide, including early intervention and post-vention support;
- 12 organisations using different service models to delivering AOD services for consumers and their families and significant others
- $750K mental health pilot to provide tailored support in Melbourne's east and north east
- New perinatal depression support just an SMS away
- $2.5m to help young people with severe psychological distress
- EMPHN funds Medication Support and Recovery Service
- $168K to say hello daybreak and goodbye hangovers
For more information, please contact one of our specialist managers below:
- Mental Health Manager - Referral and Access Team, Rachel Pritchard - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Low to Moderate Intensity Care and Psychological Strategies Manager, Craig Russouw - email@example.com
- Severe and Enduring Mental Health Manager (PIR and Suicide Prevention), Kieran Halloran - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Mental Health and AOD Manager, Joel Robins - email@example.com
- Mental Health Manager Moderate (MHNS & Adult AOD), Maria Yap - firstname.lastname@example.org