506 Mountain Highway, Wantirna
Sunday 31 March 2019
A position is available for a Div 1 Practice Nurse to assist the clinical team in the operation of the treatment room and provide an outstanding level of care to patients. Duties include:
- nursing care to patients
- patient education
- management of preventative health care programmes
- management of care to patients with chronic diseases
- management of patient care programmes using practice software (Best Practice), data extraction tools and government guidelines
- management of compliance requirements according to RACGP standards and general practice accreditation, including cold chain management
- auditing consumable ordering and use
- overseeing the operation of the treatment room.
Essential qualifications and skills are:
- AHPRA registration
- high computer literacy
- excellent triage and communication skills
- an empathetic nature and the ability to clearly communicate advice.
Experience in general practice, with Best Practice software, in preventive health care delivery and accreditation are highly desirable. Hours and remuneration are to be negotiated. Rate of pay will be determined according to experience and will be competitive. Above all, the successful candidate will fit seamlessly with their team to continue and expand their work in primary health care delivery. The nurse will report to the practice manager. Please send CV, including the names and contact details of at least two referees. Please note: this position is not open to enrolled nurses and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.