2 Hammock Drive, Doreen, Victoria
Saturday 15 May 2021
A part-time practice nurse is required by Doreen Family Medical Practice.
- Immunisations and other injections
- Wound management
- Chronic disease management
- Assisting doctors with clinical procedures and maintain clinical documentation
- Explaining procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance and getting consent
- Conducting preventative/screening procedures
- Assisting with patient education and community health promotion activities
- Coordinating patient recall and outreach programs, GP management plans, and team care arrangements.
Expected behaviours and personal attributes:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of, and compliance with, all relevant legislation and common law obligations affecting nursing.
- Duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability for nursing actions.
- Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all ages and social groups.
- Always be well-presented, friendly, courteous and obliging.
- Represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times.
- Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
- Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently and the ability to prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Pay and benefits will depend on the candidate's relevant experience. Please apply using email provided.