Today, the Minister for Health announced it would seek expressions of interest (EOI) from accredited general practices to take part in the planned delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine.
View the EOI information provided to general practices.
Note that the EOI deadline has been extended and will now close on 11:59pm AWST on 3 February 2021.
Key points from Minister's media release:
- General practices will help deliver the vaccine initially to priority groups, starting with people over 70, adults with underlying medical conditions and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in phase 1b. Three more phases will follow until the whole country has been offered the vaccine.
- The Government will also work closely with Primary Health Networks to determine general practice distribution points for the vaccine. Over time, there will be more than 1,000 distribution points across Australia.
- Commonwealth-funded GP-led Respiratory Clinics and Aboriginal and Community Controlled Health Services are not required to complete an EOI to take part in the rollout, as they will be administered through separate processes.
- An expression of interest for pharmacies will be released next week.
- Applications open 9am tomorrow, at www.health.gov.au.
For more information, read the media release.
View the background information for GPs.