Date issued: 12 December 2019 (update to Alert issued 9 December 2019)
Issued by: Dr Brett Sutton, Chief Health Officer, Victoria
Issued to: General practitioners and hospital emergency departments
- An additional exposure site has been added to the Alert of 9 December - Saturday 30th November at the Neptune Food and Wine Bar, 212 High Street, Windsor.
- 56 cases of measles have been identified in Victoria this year. The most recent cases were infectious while attending public sites across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
- Offer free measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine to all people born during or since 1966 who do not have documentation that they have received two measles containing vaccines, or are unsure of their vaccination history, regardless of Medicare status. There is no need to check serology beforehand.
- Anyone planning overseas travel should ensure they have received vaccinations appropriate to travel.
- For additional information and resources please go to the measles incident page at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/measles-outbreak-victoria
Read the full alert: Measles cases in Victoria continue to increase
Authorised by the Victorian Government, 1 Treasury Place, Melbourne.