Saturday 6th April 2019
9:00am - 5:00pm
The course will discuss the need to talk about sex, the obstacles to talking about sex and will empower the registrants to raise and discuss topics of sexuality and sexual difficulties with their patients / clients.
It will cover the assessment and management of common sexual difficulties, from a biopsychosociocultural perspective, provide educational resources and an overview of therapeutic options.
Day 1 will include:
- Talking about sex – overcoming the obstacles
- Taking a Sexual History in an inclusive and respectful way, with a biopsychosociocultural approach
- Communication skills, including talking with a couple
- Models of Sexuality
- Relationships and sexuality
- Gender identity and gender dysphoria
- Sexual identity, orientation and behaviour (including LGBTIQ sexuality)
- Cultural & Religious impacts on sexuality (including impact of Pornography).
Day 2 will include:
- Sexual pain
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Ejaculatory problems (Premature Ejaculation & Delayed Ejaculation)
- Arousal and Orgasm
- The impact of significant life stages / changes on sexuality
- Pregnancy & Post partum sexuality
- Menopause, Aging, Illness & Cancer
Course dates: Friday 5 and Saturday 6 April 2019