Saturday 16 March 2019
9:00am - 4:30pm
Burrinja Cultural Centre
351 Glenfern Road
Upwey VIC 3158
This session is open to GPs, nurses, practice staff and other practitioners working in this field.
AJ Williams-Tchen is of Wiradjuri/Wotjobulak background and Director of Girraway Ganyi Consultancy Pty Ltd.
- identify factors that affect contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients
- discuss how history impacts on current Aboriginal health
- describe measures for cultural safety to occur within practice
- use current initiatives or program to support Aboriginal patients’ health needs
- source appropriate support strategies for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients, families and carers.
This training meets requirements for the Indigenous PIP Health Incentive for General Practice. To be eligible for the PIP, two participants per practice (including one GP) must attend.