Wednesday 20 February 2019
6:30pm - 9:00pm
Mulgrave Country Club
Corner of Wellington & Jells Roads
Wheelers Hill VIC 3150
Training sessions are being delivered across the EMPHN catchment with presentations by a GP and pharmacist with experience in using SafeScript as a clinical tool in everyday practice.
- deaths from pharmaceutical drug overdose exceed the road toll
- The Victorian Government is implementing SafeScript across Victoria now
- SafeScript allows doctors and pharmacists to view the supply history of certain high-risk medicines at the point of consultation / dispensing
- a consumer awareness campaign will commence in March 2019
- supply history for monitored medicines has been captured in SafeScript since July 2018
- use of SafeScript will become mandatory in April 2020
- doctors and pharmacists have complementary obligations for safe use of medicines - joint training sessions will promote collaborative approaches to patient support in the SafeScript environment.
Training will cover
- an overview of SafeScript – what, when, how and regulations
- best practice for prescribing and dispensing of high-risk monitored medicines
- approaches to managing people who are at risk of high-risk medicine misuse
- resources and supports for practitioners and patients.