Tuesday 18th June 2019
9:30am - 12:30pm
As a nurse or a midwife, it is likely you’ll come into contact with patients affected by methamphetamine. As a nurse or a midwife, you are also in a position to improve the health outcomes of these patients.
ANMF (Vic Branch) is partnering with Turning Point to deliver the half-day Ice/methamphetamine addiction seminar in metropolitan and regional Victoria.
This seminar is fully funded by the Andrews Government as an outcome of the Premier’s Ice Action Taskforce. The seminar explores ice/methamphetamine use in Australia, the science of addiction, effects on the brain, behaviour and mental health.
The content is relevant for nurses and midwives working across the health sector including in the community, emergency departments and general practice.On completion of this seminar attendees will be able to:
- reflect on the impact of their values and attitudes to methamphetamine use
- describe the pharmacological effects of methamphetamine
- identify cognitive and behavioural problems related to methamphetamine use
- describe withdrawal management
- respond effectively to challenging behaviour
- list three methamphetamine information and referral services for patients and /or their family.
Course dates in Melbourne:
7 February 2019
12 March 2019
23 April 2019
7 May 2019
21 May 2019
18 June 2019