Thursday 4th April 2019
9:00am - 5:00pm
Banksia’s comprehensive 1-day short course provides all attendees with greater understanding and skills to support people who are bereaved and experiencing grief.Delivered by a qualified Grief Counsellor, this is high level information which is relevant for Division 1 and 2 Registered Nurses, personal care attendants, Aged Care Facility staff, allied health care professionals and any person with an interest in gaining these specific skills and knowledge.
Topics covered include:
- Grief and bereavement theories
- Common grief behaviours and reactions
- Strategies for supporting people who are grieving
- Grief and bereavement services and supports
- Self-care strategies for practitioners.
The course is conducted biannually at Banksia’s Heidelberg office (Melbourne), however will be presented at alternative venues if requested (conditions apply).