Tuesday 29th January 2019
6:30pm - 8:30pm
Why attend a Small Group Learning? Small Group Learning provide an opportunity for pharmacists to enhance clinical competence, knowledge and performance and remain up to date with best practice standards and new treatments. They are also an excellent setting in which to connect with peers for support, interaction and reflection in a friendly environment.
Do you provide pharmacotherapy for opioid dependence (methadone and buprenorphine) in your pharmacy?
Do you want to develop skills and knowledge around substance misuse and alcohol and other drug (AOD) issues?
This Small Group Learning series is aimed to support you in your practice.
Meet with peers to discuss mutually agreed topics based on your personal learning needs.
Andrew Robinson – Pharmacist experienced in delivering pharmacotherapy services since 1999
- pharmacotherapy best practice including patient initiation, take away doses, diversion, stability and complex patients
- DHHS Policy for maintenance pharmacotherapy for opioid dependence
- referral to local Alcohol and other Drug services
- managing challenging behaviours in the pharmacy
- SafeScript (Real-time Prescription Monitoring)