Saturday 6th April 2019
9:00am - 4:00pm
The course aim is to enhance the GP’s skill in the clinical and pathological diagnoses, then surgery of benign & malignant skin lesions.
GP’s who diagnose, biopsy or excise skin lesions.
COURSE DESIGNED & CONDUCTED BY: A/Prof Maurice Brygel MBBS, D.A, FRACS, Director of the Melbourne Hernia Clinic and Melbourne Haemorrhoid & Rectal Bleeding Clinic.
- Photo library of skin lesions, basic dermoscopy
- Local anaesthetic techniques including blocks
- Biopsy, surgical excisions ,knot tying, suturing
- Role of sentinel node biopsy and modern therapies
- Rotation flaps
- Dealing with dead space, bleeding, excess tension, dog ears
- Wound dehiscence post-operative care