Wednesday 13th December 2023
5:30pm - 6:30pm
GPs are invited to join the Medical Costs Finder webinar. The Medical Costs Finder assists patients to understand the costs for private specialist care earlier in their healthcare journey, and to confidently participate in informed financial consent conversations to avoid surprises.
If you’re a GP, register to learn more. GPs can claim this webinar as CPD. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with event details and webinar link. We encourage you to add the event to your calendar.
- Ms Nikki Keane, Acting Director of the Out of Pockets Transparency Section, Private Health Strategy Branch
- Dr Josephine Hermans, Assistant Director of the Out of Pockets Transparency Section, Private Health Strategy Branch
GPs will learn about the Medical Costs Finder and how it can help their patients:
- find the typical costs for common private health treatments in different locations across Australia
- understand and plan for the costs of private treatment early in the journey, and
- access tips to confidently discuss medical costs with a specialist.