Wednesday 2nd August 2023
7:00pm - 8:30pm
RACGP CPD: 1.5 hrs Education Activities
Activity ID: 499937
This webinar is designed to improve confidence in clinical ability and attitudes to dementia care.
This session will describe a practical approach to support GPs in diagnosing and managing dementia.
• Dementia management demystified – a stepwise approach to initiating the post-diagnostic care of dementia in general practice
• Resources and support available from your primary health network
Don’t miss Session 1: Recognising dementia in general practice, which describes the stages and domains approach to recognising dementia in general practice.
Lead GP Educators with Dementia Training Australia
• Dr Stephanie Daly
• Dr Hilton Koppe
• Dr Marita Long
1. Describe the various frameworks available to assist in making a diagnosis of dementia
2. Deliver ‘the gift of diagnosis’ of dementia more confidently
3. Initiate post-diagnostic care through applying the stages and domains frameworks
4. Access and appropriately integrate HealthPathways to improve patient outcomes
This event is conducted by Eastern Melbourne and North Western Melbourne. By registering for this event, you agree for submitted information to be shared and collected by the participating Victorian PHNs for the purpose of planning, conducting and evaluating the event. Please visit your PHN’s website to view their privacy and/or data collection statements.