Wednesday 19th July 2023
7:00pm - 8:30pm
RACGP CPD: 1.5 hrs Education Activities
Activity ID: 497484
This webinar is designed to improve confidence in clinical ability and attitudes to dementia care.
This session will describe the stages and domains approach to recognising dementia in general practice.
• Reframing dementia – applying GP friendly frameworks to better understand dementia
• Dementia diagnosis demystified – a stepwise approach to diagnosing dementia in general practice
Don’t miss Session 2: Post-diagnostic care of dementia in general practice, which describes a practical approach to support GPs in managing dementia.
Lead GP Educators with Dementia Training Australia
• Dr Stephanie Daly
• Dr Hilton Koppe
• Dr Marita Long
1. Recognise features other than memory loss in people with dementia by applying the domains framework
2. Apply the stages, inclusion and exclusion criteria frameworks in assessing patients for a possible diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
3. Integrate cognitive screening tests as part of the assessment of a person with possible dementia
This event is conducted by Eastern Melbourne and North Western Melbourne. By registering for this event, you agree for submitted information to be shared and collected by the participating Victorian PHNs for the purpose of planning, conducting and evaluating the event. Please visit your PHN’s website to view their privacy and/or data collection statements.