Tuesday 13th June 2023
6:00pm - 7:30pm
Eastern Palliative Care - Training Room, Level 1, Building 2 630 Mitcham Road Mitcham, VIC 3132
The third session of our series session will use case scenarios to explore ethical issues that the palliative care team encounters daily. We will focus on how to navigate these difficult situations in the home, highlight end of life decision making and how it influences care delivery and the importance of advanced care planning
- Tanakorn Tapakumkun – Palliative care nurse practitioner
- Charmain Foo – Palliative Medicine Specialist
- Dr Chien-Che Lin – Palliative Medicine Specialist
- Patricia Delaney – Family Support Worker.
- describe how disease trajectory, treatment and patient preferences inform decision making at end of life
- develop communication skills for complex decision making
- summarise the process of completing an advanced care plan.
- 6.00 pm - Arrival, networking and light finger food
- 6.30 pm - Session start
- 7.30 pm - Session end.
RACGP accredited activity: EA 1 hour