Friday 17th March 2023 - Friday 24th March 2023
9:00am - 5:00pm
Beau Monde International 934 Doncaster Road, Doncaster East, VIC, 3109
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Each year 1 in 5 Australians will experience a mental illness. Many people are not knowledgeable or confident to offer assistance. Physical first aid is accepted and widespread in our community, however most do not cover mental health problems. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches people the skills to help someone who they're concerned about. View video here.
EMPHN is offering heavily discounted Mental Health First Aid training for general practice staff within the EMPHN catchment.
With the increasing demand on general practice staff, people presenting in distress, or with poor mental health, EMPHN would like to extend this training opportunity to assist in equipping the general practice workforce. Mental Health First Aid is for anyone who wants to feel equipped with the right skills to support a person experiencing mental distress.
Course dates and time. You must attend both dates:
- Friday 17 March 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Friday 24 March 9.00am – 5.00pm
934 Doncaster Rd, Doncaster East VIC 3109
Your training includes:
- 2-days of facilitated training, with 2 instructors, both with many years working in the mental health sector. Bio’s here: Rachel Pritchard & Fiona Morton
- Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and refreshments included
- Parking available on site
- Hard copy Mental Health First Aid manual
- An opportunity to undertake an assessment to become an accredited mental health first aider which lasts for 3 years.
Normally $300 per person, EMPHN is offering this training for $50.
Full attendance of both sessions is required.
- For all staff working in general practice only
- Participants must work within EMPHN catchment
- Max of 2 participant per practice
- Be available to attend both sessions
Please note that the $50 is due on registration to secure your place in the training, and is not refundable should you withdraw from the training.