Friday 24th February 2023
8:30am - 4:00pm
EMPHN, Level 4, 990 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill, VIC 3805
The spirometry training course provides comprehensive training in the application, measurement and interpretation of expiratory spirometry in general practice. The six-hour interactive workshop includes a practical, hands-on component to allow participants to apply their new knowledge in a practical setting.
This complimentary full day course is open to GPs and practice nurses working in the EMPHN catchment, one person per practice.
Presenters: Nory Del Colle, Lorraine Leversha and Narelle Williamson
- identify the clinical indications where spirometry is recommended
- demonstrate the ability to correctly perform a spirometry test, using role play and peer review
- interpret spirometry results to differentiate between respiratory conditions, such as asthma and COPD
- assess your own practice quality assurance procedures for spirometry.
- For Medical Practitioners and Nurses only
- Participants must work in EMPHN catchment
- 1 participant per practice
Participants will need to bring their own fitted mask and eye protection for the practical component of the training.