Tuesday 11th October 2022
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Brought to you by the National Asthma Council Australia (NAC) as part of the Asthma Best Practice for Professionals Program and Eastern Melbourne PHN.
This webinar aims to update health professionals on the importance of using the Australian Asthma Handbook to manage asthma in primary care. It provides up-to-date, evidence-based asthma management information for treating adolescents and adults.
All health professionals are welcome - GPs, practice nurses, pharmacists, Aboriginal health practitioners, physiotherapists, and other allied health professionals.
Presenter: Ceri Banks
Ceri trained and worked as a nurse at Guy's Hospital in London. After emigrating to Australia twelve years ago, she then specialised in respiratory nursing and ran a severe asthma clinic at Peninsular Health. More recently, Ceri has been working as a Clinical Trial Asthma Educator for a pharmaceutical company and is a presenter for the National Asthma Council’s Asthma Best Practice program.
- identify the steps involved in the diagnosis of adult asthma, referring to the Australian Asthma Handbook
- describe ways to improve and maintain optimal asthma control
- summarise the current guidelines for medication management
- summarise the important information to be included in a written asthma action plan
- describe the steps in managing acute asthma in primary care.
CPD points for GPs:
2 CPD Activity points - Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Accreditation Number: 203777
1 core PDP point - Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) Accreditation Number: 27316