Tuesday 16th August 2022
6:00pm - 7:00pm
The Victorian Virtual Emergency Department (VVED) allows patients to access care for non life-threatening emergencies, from designated areas in Victoria.
Current designated areas are:
- Metropolitan local government areas: Whittlesea, Darebin, Moreland, Banyule, Nillumbik, Hume
- Regional local government areas: Murrindindi, Mitchell, Strathbogie, Campaspe, Greater Shepparton, Moira, Benalla, Wangaratta, Indigo, Wodonga
Those with COVID-19 can connect to VVED from anywhere in Victoria.
During this event, presenters will provide an explanation of VVED including:
- how to refer
- what type of cases to refer
- benefits to the patient, GP and hospital.
- Dr Loren Sher - Director of VVED, Paediatric Emergency Physician Northern Hospital
- Amanda Thornton and Ariana Carrodus – Ambulance Victoria