Wednesday 8th June 2022 - Monday 7th November 2022
9:15am - 4:15pm
615 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne 3004
This RACGP accredited one day intensive training is for health professionals who want to learn how to effectively engage in conversations about health and weight, including intervening early to reduce the risk of chronic disease. A range of resources will be provided and a significant amount of time on the day is dedicated to practicing the skills taught.
You will learn how to:
• explain how being above a healthy weight increases patient’s risk for 13 different cancers
• apply motivating and non-stigmatising language when discussing weight management during consultation with patients
• assess patients using the Stages of Change model when addressing a healthy body weight
• integrate the 5As framework when delivering weight management interventions
• ecommend evidence-based resources to support your patients with weight management
• demonstrate motivational interviewing techniques for weight management.